Submission of abstracts
Contributions to Interfaces Against Pollution 2016 either as poster communications or oral platforms are welcome.
Authors participating in IAP2016 are invited to submit a manuscript for consideration for publication in a special issue of the journal Environmental Chemistry devoted to the Conference. The deadline for submission will be 5th January 2017. All contributions to the special issue will be fully refereed according to the usual standards of the journal.
ABSTRACTS (of both poster and oral presentations) must be submitted using the MSWord template. They can contain figures and tables, but the whole abstract must fit within one page. Please, read carefully the instructions for abstracts.
Submission of Abstracts closed.
Guidelines for posters
- Poster orientation should be portrait, NOT landscape. Poster size should be (close to) A0 (841 mm x 1189 mm).
- Minimum font size for all text: 18 pt.
- A small photograph of the presenting author(s) is recommended to be in the poster.
- Posters can be fixed to boards using adhesive double sided tape. Please do not use pins or blu-tack. Double sided tape and velcro will be provided in the exhibition area and student volunteers will be in your vicinity for any assistance, if needed.
- A poster printing service is offered at 25 Euros. Deadline for sending the pdf file from which to print is 28th August 2016 (but sending it along July 2016 is recommended). If you book this service you will travel more comfortably and you will find your poster hung at your arrival. To book this service you should contact to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Poster prize award. Poster presentation sessions will be held on Monday and Tuesday. During these sessions researchers are given the opportunity to explain it and discuss about their scientific research topic with the visiting audience. Members of the Poster Prize Committee will assess the quality of the poster and the interaction with interested attendees. The poster prize ceremony will be held during the Gala dinner on Tuesday.
Guidelines for oral platforms
- Electronic PowerPoint or PDF presentations are the ONLY accepted medium for the platform presentations. The electronic projection equipment provided in each room will include a computer equipped with Windows 7 Pro operating system and PowerPoint 2013.
- Allocated time: 15 minutes exposition plus 5 minutes for questions and answers.
- Lettering and numbering on your PowerPoint presentation must be readable from the back of the room. Text should not exceed 8 lines.
- Presentation should be uploaded into the common storage system with one of the technicians at least 3 hours before the talk or by sending the presentation to email@example.com. An USB backup of the presentation is also recommended.